Friday 7 September 2012

Year 12 Media Studies.

Media Studies in Year 12. 

I picked Media Studies as one of my A levels subject, because I really enjoyed learning it in GCSE and it is a good combination with my other A levels subjects that I have picked, such as English Literature. Also, I enjoy analysing and exploring different case studies in media and coming up with my own interpretation of them. Moreover, apart from the essays we have to write, media studies is a creative subject and different from my other A level subjects, which makes it even more enjoyable. Furthermore, media studies goes into careers such as working for well known institutions, such as BBC and ITV which is something I would be interested in, in the future. The subject, emphasis on contemporary issues in society which would interest me a lot and gives a real understanding of how the media works and the influence the media has on everyone in their daily lives.

I hope to learn and develop key skills, such as producing different media products, participating, engaging in debates and working with other people in a team. Lastly, I would like to learn how to analyse media texts more skilfully, because it would be beneficial for me when the exam starts next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment